Rehab is a pain. So much so that only 10% of qualifying heart patients attend, which results in complications for patients and at least $190B in excess costs. At Carda Health, we have reimagined this care paradigm. Our program allows patients to complete engaging, compassionate, and life-saving therapy from home, virtually.
Who are we?
We are a team of clinicians, data scientists, mathematicians and repeat entrepreneurs. And one recovering financier. Our belief is that technology and data, when applied compassionately, can transform individuals’ lives and change even the most entrenched industries. Carda was founded by Harry and Andrew, two friends from Wharton who share a family history of heart disease and experience with cardiac rehab. We are fortunate to be backed by some of the best investors in the business who have also backed the likes of Livongo, Mammoth Biosciences, and Roman to name a few.
Who are you?
You are an experienced clinical operations leader passionate about delivering quality patient care and enabling others to do the same. You are experienced in managing a team of clinical staff and helping them to perform at their best. You are a skilled operator who can design and scale clinical processes and connect them to broader company goals. If you exhibit one characteristic above all else it is that of ownership. It personally bothers you when processes don’t work and patients are not receiving quality care. You do everything in your power to prevent this from happening. You are a great collaborator and communicator who has experience working across teams to implement key initiatives.
What will you do?
As our Head of Clinical Operations, you are responsible for managing and scaling clinical operations at Carda Health. Initially, you will manage 5-10 clinical staff, a number which will expand over time with continued success. You will be a crucial team member in a high profile role and will work collaboratively with members of our leadership team to make Carda Health’s operations a model for other companies.
In a little more detail:
- Lead the day-to-day operations of our internal clinical team: managing staffing and overseeing consistent execution excellence
- Define and track key performance indicators across patient satisfaction, engagement and clinical outcomes and drive the team to meet these goals
- Shape and design our clinical protocols in collaboration with our clinical staff and medical directors
- Implement clinical protocols/processes, educate all teams and stakeholders about their importance, clearly articulate why they matter
- Lead hiring efforts for expanding our clinical team, working with growth operations to forecast and match hiring with scaling number of patients
- Define a strong patient experience focussed culture in our clinical team
- Implement high quality onboarding and training
- Work closely with our product team to define clinical workflow priorities and determine the most high impact product changes
What we look for
- 6+ years of experience in a clinical operations role in a high growth environment with a track record of owning and scaling company processes
- Telehealth experience preferred
- A track record of managing high-performing clinical teams
- Experience hiring clinical staff
- A passion for cardiac care and a strong desire to improve the lives of millions
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with little direction
- Highly collaborative and excellent written and oral communication skills. It is imperative you are able to clearly and effectively interact with members of our team in a remote environment
- Detail oriented with a track record of creating processes that scale and that are easy to run for other team members
- Inherent growth mindset: you are always focused on improving faster and getting the team to do the same
- Experience in performance management of staff — ability to set clear goals and track your team’s performance against them
- Ability to define, track and report on a key metric or several key metrics that define your success
- Direct patient care experience is a bonus
- Experience and desire to work remotely (our whole team is remote!)
- Knowledge of cardiac care and the problems patients face when accessing it
- Experience in establishing and managing credentialing and billing operations